The research in our lab is in the field of bioinformatics and sequence analysis and comparative genomics. Our published work
has been involved in investigating horizontal gene transfer and homologous recombination in bacterial genomes and
eukaryotic mitochondrial genomes. We also
applied bioinformatics approaches on whole genome sequencing data using next-generation sequencing to
address the evolution and epidemiology of microbial pathogens.
Our goal is to address some fundamental biological questions using the combination of genome sequencing,
experimental and bioinformatics approaches.
Some topics we are interested in:
- 1) Horizontal gene transfer in both bacteria and eukaryotes
- 2) The evolution and epidemiology of bacterial pathogens
- 3) Comparative metagenomics and dynamics of microbiota
- 4) Gene trafficking in eukaryotic organelles
- 5) Mitochondria-related aging in yeast
We are currently seeking motivated Ph.D. Students who are interested in Genomics or/and Bioinformatics.
For inquiries, feel free to contact us.